Water polo in post-season

The Vikings are roaring into the final days of their water polo season strong. The boys boast a 6-1 record as they close off their season and head into SCVAL playoffs.

“I think that our season has gotten progressively better, we had our last league game and I’ve seen tremendous improvement from our first league game to the one we just played,” said captain Alex Beaudry.

The boys’ goal was to place highly in SCVAL playoffs and head into CCS strong. They have done well during their normal season, leaving them prepared for the challenges to come.

“In all honesty I think that we are in the perfect spot to win the title,” Beaudry said. “The CCS tournament is also within our grasp, though it will definitely be a tougher fight. Right now I think that it will be a toss up between Bellarmine, St. Francis, Menlo-Atherton, Gunn and us.”

There is no question that heading into CCS is daunting. The Vikings have to compete with very developed teams and that may seem intimidating. However, they are prepared for a tough fight and hope to come out victorious.

A key element to a successful team is dedication and practice. As the season has progressed, the team has honed in on skills, such as driving and turns.

“We are playing consistent good water polo and we’re playing as a team,” Beaudry said. “Our drives are helping our offense and our defense has improved dramatically.”

For future’s sake, it is vital that the boys win the SCVAL championship.