Badminton recovering from a tough season

In 1886, Isaac Newton proposed the law of gravity: what goes up, must come down. By this definition, the Palo Alto High School badminton team defied this natural law. Unfortunately, the badminton team managed to avoid the entire first half of Newton’s proposition, traveling on a downward trajectory the entirety of the season. The team started out the season on a three match losing streak, and closed it with a record of 3-7, aided by a forfeit at the hands of Gunn.

However, just as how each cloud has a silver lining, the dark storm that was the past season for the badminton team may have a bit of sunshine to it.

Although the team has had a difficult season, several members of the team look to advance to the postseason.

The majority of the team’s seasons will end this Tuesday with their final match against Los Gatos, but a number of players look to compete in the upcoming league playoffs.

Junior Michael Chau for one, still hasn’t seen his goals accomplished by merely starring on the Paly badminton team as a lone wolf.

“I may have had a good individual season in leagues, but it means nothing if I can’t get to CCS and beyond, and maybe to States.”

junior Michael Chau

In spite of all the struggles this season, the team looks to build upon what they see as a year for improvements

“As a captain, we may have not had the season we hoped, but I admire the tenacity of our young players for not giving up in the face of adversity,” Chau said.