Man robs California Ave Wells Fargo

A man entered the Wells Fargo Bank located at California Avenue and took away an undisclosed amount of money on Monday Feb. 4, resulting in an ongoing police manhunt. According to the police press release of this case, the man did not display a weapon and no injuries were reported.

According to the preliminary dispatch, the suspect is a white male in his 40s, and about 5 feet 10 inches tall. According to a Palo Alto Online Story, the man entered the bank at 5:30 p.m. during peak afternoon traffic and gave a note to the teller demanding money. After the robbery, he fled west on foot along California Avenue after the robbery.

According to the police press release of this case, the police set up a perimeter in the College Terrace neighborhood and the surrounding area by Monday evening in order to search for the man. However, police were not able to find him. The perimeter has already been removed.

The police have claimed that the investigation is still in preliminary stages, and the detectives are interviewing witnesses to get more information about the crime. According to the Palo Alto Online story, police spokeswoman Janine De La Vega said as the investigation continues, there could be further updates on the current report by police.

Andrew Dietz, who works nearby the College Terrace neighborhood, said that he did not expect to bank robbery to happen in Palo Alto.

“I was kind of shocked that bank robbery would happen around us in the city. It sounds more like something happened in the Wild West over the 1930s and 1940s.”

Andrew Dietz

According to the police press release, the case is still under investigation. The last bank robbery reported in Palo Alto was in April 2018.