Girls water polo team stays undefeated at home

With an undefeated home record and a win against Los Altos High School for the first time in six years, the girls water polo team is looking to score a place in the Central Coast Section Playoffs. 

Varsity captain and senior Alexandra Lee said she is most excited about the upcoming home games against Los Gatos High School and Gunn High School.

“We are currently undefeated at home, and so we hope to keep that up against some good teams that we play pretty competitively with,” Lee said.

Lee said she is also looking forward to having fun, bonding, getting better as a team and winning games. One of the wins that Lee, alongside the team, is most proud of was in the match against Los Altos. 

“We beat Los Altos on Tuesday, Oct. 8, by one in double overtime, and that was a huge win for us,” Lee said. “It’s the first time we’ve beat them in six years, and we just had so much energy and fun.” 

According to Lee, even though the season is going quite well, there are some things that can be worked on in the future. 

“I really want to work on my general knowledge of the game,” junior Grace Lindstrom said. “The more I know the better I play. My teammates are always teaching me so much about the game, and it helps me play so much better.” 

In terms of team goals, Lindstrom added that keeping a more positive energy throughout games could be beneficial.

Junior Lulu Gaither also has plans for herself and the team to provide an even better outcome for the next couple of games. 

“Something we are working on improving is our outside shooting and keeping the energy high for all our games,” Gaither said. “Something that I could personally improve on is being more vocal in the pool.”

While all three players agree that the energy level is lacking at some games, they are hopeful for what is coming next. 

Lee said, “I think we’ve come far, but we can keep working on our teamwork, trust and energy every game.”