Paly, Gunn juggling clubs host Game Of Throws festival

Photo by Dhruv Shetty

Juggling clubs from both Paly and Gunn hosted the Game Of Throws Juggling and Flow Festival, a three-day event featuring professional performers and jugglers from Jan. 2022.

Gunn Juggling Club adviser Matt Hall said the fair was incredibly successful.

“It was excellent,” Hall said. “Out of the four years we have done this, it’s looking like this is the largest one yet.”

Hall said the opening day was his favorite because of the environment and intense activities.

“We had some of the best jugglers in the world head-to-head,” Hall said. “It was fantastic. The hype was real.”

Junior Eileen Chao competed at Game of Throws and said she liked watching the professionals dueling against each other.

“It was really fun to watch the battles,” Chao said.  “I was also a part of them, (and) it was really fun seeing the really good people juggle and (to) cheer them on.”

The festival also included a Gala Show on Saturday evening that showcased the talents of professionals, including Frank Olivier, a three-time world juggling champion.

Chao said the theatrics of the show kept her engaged and entertained.

“I enjoyed the lighting and the performances,” Chao said. “It was fun to laugh along with the audience.”

Hall said a major part of the festival was teaching others how fun juggling can be.

Hall said, “They’ve learned that this wonderful art we call juggling, circus art or manipulation art is fantastic.”