Senior send-off verbatim

Lillian Clark, Staff Writer

After four years, seniors have found different ways to acclimate to school life and learn how to balance responsibilities outside of school with their academic achievements. One thing senior Ankai Jin said he learned about academic life is the importance of reaching out to teachers and taking classes you enjoy.

“Teachers are willing to spend extra time to support you, as long as you reach out for it,” Jin said. “Don’t push yourself to take the hardest classes possible. Sign up for classes that you are passionate about and that you would enjoy taking.”

Senior Katie Firch emphasized the importance of connections. 

If anything, these four years have taught me that life is a marathon, not a sprint, and that high school is just the beginning,” Firch said. “Make the connections you can here and take advantage of what this community has to offer, but don’t expect (high school) to be the answer to when you will make it or break it.”

Senior Noah Boyarsky encouraged students to make the most out of the resources Paly has to offer. 

“At the same time, never feel obligated to do anything just because it seems like you’re supposed to,” Boyarasky said. 

Senior Phela Durosinmi said paying attention in classes can lead to new discoveries. 

“Study hard and pay attention in all your classes, because everything is interesting and all knowledge can be used somehow or lead to new interests, and make the most out of every opportunity,” Durosinmi said. 

However, navigating academic life is not the only thing seniors have learned over the years. Boyarsky, for example, said he learned the impact of kindness. 

“(I learned) how important it is to be empathetic, loving and compassionate to those around you,” Boyarsky said. “Peers and staff alike. Moments of kindness build up and you can change someone’s life.”

For some, like senior Nick Usich, his advice to his younger self is simple. 

You need to apply yourself more,” Usich said. 

Senior Grace Corrigan said she would tell her younger self to enjoy the moment more. 

“Don’t rush through your time in high school,” Corrigan said. “Just focus on what is going on now because it goes by very fast.” 

Senior Lincoln Tutor said his time in high school taught him the value of showing up. 

“Don’t take anything for granted, whether it’s practice or class, (and give) 100 percent, ” Tutor said.

Finally, as seniors wind down their last month at Paly, their thoughts about graduation are conflicted. 

“I am excited to start the next chapter of my life but nervous about how new it all is,” Corrigan said. 

Senior Gordon Terrell said while being on the cusp of adulthood is intimidating, the future is promising.

“I am really excited,” Terrell said. “I know where I’m going and I’m happy to be getting there, even if the idea of being an actual adult is terrifying.”