Career month coming soon

Stanford University Solar car to visit on Feb. 28, speakers to follow the next week

The annual Palo Alto High School Career Month will kick off with a bang on Friday, Feb. 28 as a Stanford University solar powered car makes its debut on the Paly quad. Speakers will begin their presentations the following week. They begin on Monday, March 3 and continue for two weeks until Friday, March 14 during lunch.

On everyday except one, there will be speakers in the English Resource Center and the Social Studies Resource Center. However, on Thursday, March 13 there will be only one speaker in the English Resource Center. This year’s speaker series will range from a mechanical engineer who specializes in robotics to a commercial pilot.

The Paly Career Month committee tried to have a wide variety of speakers this year, and the committee hopes that all Paly students will be able to come to the series of speakers’ presentations.

“We surveyed students last spring and invited speakers in the areas which students expressed the most interest,” Paly Career Month head Sharon Poore said.

250 students will be provided a free lunch. The food provided will be pizza and sandwiches, which have been a favorite among students for the past years.