ASB planning International Day for the upcoming spring semester

As the semester draws to a close, the Associated Student Body (ASB) has planned multiple events to help students persevere through the final stretch of school before winter break.

On Dec. 4, ASB held its first-ever inter-grade kickball game at lunch on the lacrosse field. The event was complete with hot cocoa and also included staff members as active participants of the game.

Anmol Nagar, ASB vice president, believed the kickball game was a huge success.

“We had really positive feedback from team members, and [were] also able to involve 60+ students and attract a huge audience turnout as well!” Nagar said. “The hot chocolate was also a huge hit and a great way to bring students together.”

ASB also hosted a movie night on Dec. 4. At the event, ASB screened Home Alone and offered free admission.

The final ASB-hosted event this semester is the traditional free cookies and cocoa on the quad after the last day of finals week.

During the second semester, ASB will be hosting International Day as a way for clubs promote diversity, and promote their clubs. There will also be several performances by different dance groups at the event.

ASB is moving to provide more club recognition and celebrate the many diverse and hard-working clubs at Paly.

“[ASB is] very excited to be recognizing clubs more this year for the amazing impact they have on the Paly campus,” Nagar said.

ASB will be giving special recognition to one club per month for that club’s work for charity or success hosting an event on or off Paly campus by naming it club of the month. December’s club of the month is Key Club.

As the first semester winds down, ASB remains enthusiastic about the culmination of their hard work throughout the semester and is excited to see second semester acheive equal success.

“First semester was amazing and we’d like to thank the student body for their participation and enthusiasm for all school events from sports tournaments to movies to dances to rallies,” Nagar said. “ASB is looking forward to a fantastic second semester filled with new events and revamped traditional ones.”