Senior Alec Olmstead is shown drinking a peppermint coffee. Students have many peppermint snacks to choose from this winter.
Peppermint treats for the holidays
Dami Bolarinwa

Peppermint treats for the holidays

Sweet snacks and drinks to indulge in during the winter season

Tis the season! As winter rolls around, stores are bringing out all of their peppermint products in anticipation of the holidays.

Nothing beats snuggling in warm blankets by the fireplace and snacking on some minty treats. Here are the best festive snacks to try out this year.

Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s

Every holiday season, Trader Joe’s brings back its popular take on peppermint Oreos. Joe Joe’s are crispy chocolate wafer cookies stuffed with vanilla cream and real, minty pieces of candy cane.

Pair these cookies with a hot cup of cocoa for a satisfying winter indulgence. Trader Joe’s only sells these cookies for a limited period of time, so grab a box of Joe Joe’s while you can.

Starbucks Peppermint Mocha

If you want to try something less “basic” than a Pumpkin Spice Latte, try Starbucks’ Peppermint Mocha.

This warm and refreshing beverage is a holiday classic made with steamed milk, a shot of espresso, sweet chocolate and peppermint-flavored syrup and topped off with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls.

Pinkberry’s Peppermint Frozen Yogurt

Do not let the cold weather stop you from trying Pinkberry’s limitedtime, holiday inspired flavor of frozen yogurt. The flavor of Pinkberry’s peppermint yogurt has a vanilla base with just a hit of peppermint. Minty and sweet, the yogurt has a luscious creamy finish that is sure to bring joy to your taste buds.

If you like the subtle taste of peppermint, this treat is just for you. The mint is not overpowering but rather  is, cool and truly a refresh”mint”. Top the yogurt off with crushed candy canes and chocolate shavings, and you will be in for a healthy treat.

Homemade Peppermint Bark

Warning — this is highly addictive. What is better than getting togetherwith friends or family and making some peppermint bark? All you need is some dark or milk chocolate, white chocolate and of course, crushed candy cane to get that mint flavor in.

The best thing about peppermint bark is that you can add anything to make it your own. Love Oreos? Add them. Want to add marshmallows? Have at it! Making homemade peppermint bark is quick, inexpensive and festive.

Peppermint Luna Bars

Have you ever gone to Trader Joe’s just to buy a peppermint Luna Bar, and unfortunately come to realize that Trader Joe’s has completely run out? You are not alone, my friend. Peppermint Luna Bars are not only the best Luna Bars around, but also the best energy bars out there.

Unlike most protein bars, peppermint Luna bars are delicious and make you want to eat them time and time again.

The bar is made up of dark chocolate granola, topped with a white chocolate dip and a sprinkle of crushed peppermint sticks. Thankfully, these are sold year round; however, they sell out quickly, so be sure to get some! As you can see, there are many options for you to indulge in holiday snacks.