Campsgiving: some of the little things that we are thankful for

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, The Campanile would like to express our gratitude …

For all the passionate, understanding, brilliant teachers who always try to help students succeed in and out of the classroom. While not an exhaustive list of great teachers, our staff members would like to shout-out a few who have had a significant impact on them: Avadhani, Baker, Badillo, Bungarden, Chen, Diepenbrock, Duffy, Farina, HB, Launer, Morrissey, Nguyen, Park, Szebert and Whitson.

The custodians, who clean up after 2,000 students on a daily basis. Mr. Hall, who doesn’t receive enough credit for his incredible dedication to serving the student body. Ernesto, our smiling campus supervisor who radiates positivity. Ms. Queen, the “snack lady,” for using her own money to buy snacks for students. The Parent Teacher Student Association for organizing a successful, school-wide turkey feast. The College & Career Center’s endless supply of candy and the parent volunteers who don’t judge students who come for it.

Production nights — both smooth and rough. The couple of checks that make it on the board on Day 1. Our Business Managers for stocking up on quality snacks, from Takis to Cinnamon Toast Crunch (#notsponsored). In-N-Out, Panda Express and Ike’s dinners (#alsonotsponsored). Albert’s friendly face and revitalizing chats on slow production nights. 11×17 inch tabloid paper to preserve our eyes during copy edits. Dafont.com’s generous supply of Bebas Neue and Lemon Milk. Fricke Parks Press for still letting us print 12 minutes after the deadline. The Meme Wall and Andrew’s little man. Publication-wide Tik Toks and “Closing Time” by Semisonic, which celebrates the end of another successful production.

An entertaining, fun staff who cares deeply about the publication. Our Seeds, for leading story ideas and mastering compliment sandwiches. Our Mannies, for taking on two pages apiece each cycle. Our Online Editor, for dedicating countless hours to figuring out how to navigate the puzzling WordPress. The extremely talented Art & Photo Directors, a.k.a. Adobe Draw pros(create). Our Board Correspondent, for attending the riveting board meetings. Our Multimedia Editor for managing our social media and overseeing steamy DMs with the Gunn Oracle. Our artists, for spending extra time and effort making page designs come to life. Our cubbies, who have all come out of their shells and are now equipped to lead the publication next year.

Satt and Woj, our wonderful advisers who spend their weeknights at school away from their families until 10 p.m. for three days in a row every three weeks and wholeheartedly believe in us. Willy & the Four Boys (next concert on Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. at Freewheel Brewing Company — be there or be square), for bringing our staff closer together and allowing us to see Satt in his natural habitat, jamming on his bass. Woj, for surprising us with a visit from Gavin, making it possible for us to call the Media Arts Center our home and showing us the Woj Way.

Last but not least, you — our readers — for your support and for reading our newspaper. Thank you!