Boys lacrosse wins SCVAL Final

A lthough its season got off to a rough start, the boys varsity lacrosse team has fought to improve its record according to Coach DJ Shelton.

Shelton said despite tough competition, that the team is growing and becoming better every day.

“In leagues we’re 11-4 (9-2), and we played Los Gatos last week in our last regular season game, and Senior Night,” Shelton said.

With the mentality of fighting through the last weeks of the season, junior Will DeAndre said his team is ready to play hard.

“The intensity has definitely ramped up for these final games of the season. We know that every game matters and that’s shown in our preparation.”

Junior Will DeAndre

According to Shelton, the team dynamic has brought the team to improve vastly over the season and this especially was seen in the big game against Los Gatos.

“Our biggest game this season was by far beating M-A last week 10-8. It was an intense game, and with that win, we were able to balance out our heartbreak loss to them earlier in the season. The win galvanized our team toward being no.1 again and hopefully claiming the league title for the third straight year. In the end, it’s up to them to take our coaching and execute come game time.”

Coach DJ Shelton

To end the season, senior Wes Walters said it is important the team keeps a positive mindset during the last couple of weeks of the season.

“Playoffs are were last week, so we just want to keep playing hard and stay ready for the playoffs this week,” Walters said.

After winning SCVALs against Los Gatos, the Paly Varsity Lacrosse team ends the season on a high note.